Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So that is what falling off the face of the earth looks like....

I disappeared for a little while. I was in the middle of a project and somehow got swept away by life. Then I went on vacation which was definitely well needed. My little family of four crossed borders, drove through New York State and made convenient pit stops at Target and Olive Garden, crossed borders and settled into our hotel at Niagara Falls (Canada side). Falls, picnic, ice cream, butterflies, a deer in a meadow, and a hotel swimming pool. That pretty much sums up the trip. Then onwards we went to a family reunion that ended up being cancelled. Kinda the whole point of us staying in Niagara Falls. Oh well, it was a good way to spend a couple of days! We bypassed the cancelled reunion and headed on to my parent's house. My last time in the house as my parents are moving out after a short little 40 year stay! Enjoyed another family reunion, visited a park, a beach on lovely Lake Erie, saw some friends, and said goodbye to my childhood home. It definitely felt like a chapter of my book of life was being closed. Slam, shut, done. And so my family's time in St.Thomas (since the mid-1800s) has come to a close. Bahhh-bye! I'm actually struggling with this a bit... but life is about change so I'm doing my best to accept it.
Then a long drive on the scary 401 and we're home again. Home. What is that anyway? Now that my parents are leaving my hometown I guess where I've settled with my family really is HOME. It is good to be home... too bad my littlest one has a cold and a fever now... :(

Thanks for listening to the ramble! I'll add some photos of our trip soon. And soon, I'll have some new product to show off! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

karma said...

Wow...sorry to hear about the cancelled reunion! But I bet you guys had a great time anyhow! That's sad about your parents house......where are they going?