Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pita Pizza Recipe

So, I tried a new recipe today. I had some pita to use up and decided pizza would be yummy. This is what I did:

makes enough for 2 adults, a distracted preschooler, and not-so-hungry teething toddler.

Heat oven to 425F.

Ingredients:
a bit of oil (optional)
2 large whole wheat Pita
2 cups mozzarella (I love the stuff)
1/2 cup any pasta/tomato sauce
toppings (I used black olives, sliced mushrooms, pineapple, and corn... yup, corn, hey I lived in Japan and they know what they're doing when it comes to food)

1. I sliced into the pitas and evenly dispersed a handful of mozzarella cheese into each. This was my stroke of genius thought I had while driving today and I do think it made the pizza a lovely consistency, even though you won't necessarily notice the cheese itself. Try this step... I urge you.

2. Sprinkle some olive oil and baste it over the pita. Will give a bit of crunch and flavour to the crust.

3. Ladle 1/4 cup of sauce over each pita. Make sure to leave an inch or so of crust around the edges. Add the remaining mozzarella cheese over each pita.

4. Add your toppings. Use your imagination... what is in your fridge?

5. Bake for 10 minutes at 425F.

Enjoy!

Sorry, I don't have a photo... I got hungry and the pizza disappeared before I could find a camera.


No comments: